|just needs the binding sewn down…|
During the past week, I’ve had a lot of time with no sewing machine and no internet but although some of the time I’ve been very busy I’ve also had times each day (at work and travelling) with nothing to do. I spent a while thinking about all the things I will make when I have sewing machine time and thinking about how I’d prefer to be home keeping up with everyone in blogland…And then I decided the best immediate solution was to make a block in the middle of the night and hand sew it in all those little gaps in the day.
|blade and background detail|
This is a 20′ cushion cover. I first planned just to applique the dresden but then I found I had time to hand stitch the blades…and then some background quilting…
And then the centre looked a bit bare…
|in ‘real life’ there is a bit more contrast between the dresden and the background…|
I just have to stitch down the binding now but I’m saving that for the next phase of unfortunately un-blogging/unsewing time. I hope this counts as a Friday Finish. It is very, very, very nearly finished ;)