Well, my goal this month was to make an improv quilt with any or all of the fabrics in this box…
…and it’s not the greatest quilt or the most exciting improv but a finish, as they say, is better than perfect!
After going away for a week I caught some kind of flu-like virus and I couldn’t muster the energy or enthusiasm to sew for a further week – I’ve never had such an illness before and I hope I won’t catch it again! Luckily, I’m just left with a cough now and I’m glad I linked up with OMG or I don’t think I’d have sewn anything this month.
The main challenge I found was that my coloured scraps were 1 1/2″ squares and 2″ x 1″ strips, which didn’t give me much leeway on cutting them and I only really managed a couple of strips and a block that I didn’t like much.
Then I thought perhaps the block would make a good horse blanket and I started enjoying the process a lot more once I felt I was aiming towards something, rather than joining pieces randomly.
And, in the end, it turned into quite a fun little project even if my horse has ended up looking more like a donkey!
Janine @ Rainbow Hare
I’m also linking this post with TGIFF at Anja Quilts