Welcome to another Wool on Sundays :)
And thank you very much to everyone who commented last week and shared ways of prioritising craft projects. Before I had a blog I would really struggled to finish a large yarn project because I would start out with a lot of enthusiasm, keep going for a while, get interrupted by other things, lose momentum, get sick of the sight of it and another UFO was born. Ironically, now, I have a very low UFO tolerance. I’m much happier, once I’ve started something to keep going and going through all the getting-worse-before-it-gets-better stages until it gets done. Otherwise the unfinishedness weighs on me and I find it hard to settle to new projects because I always feel I should be finishing the last one.
I fear, however, that makes for very boring Wool on Sundays posts so, today, rather than show that blanket again, I thought I’d tell you 5 Reasons I LOVE crochet.
1. It is a always wonder to me that balls of yarn can transforms into a objects.
2. I see myself as a person who can’t really crochet (my first finish, shown in Mrs Freer! I have made something! was only two years ago) so I excuse myself for all my mistakes.
3. I’m always coming across new ideas.
4. It’s very well suited to small decorative items so it’s fairly quick and inexpensive to try out new stitches and techniques.
5. So long as you are happy to work a bit and frog a bit, there are endless possibilities for new discoveries in texture…
… and shape – I never in a million years thought I could crochet a hare!
[LINKY PARTY LOST IN MOVE FROM BLOGGER]