At last, I’ve got back to doing a little sewing.
I’ve been wanting to make something with orange peel blocks. I originally intended to hand applique but because I was hoping for a quick finish, I decided to try some more machine applique instead. Unfortunately, it didn’t go well! For some reason that I never got to the bottom of the thread kept snapping :(
So I decided to leave the stitching in as basting and to hand applique bias binding around the segments. I’ve still got quite a way to go with the binding but I’m now thinking I’ll just keep it as a no-hurry-pick-up-put-down project for spare moments…
My other sewing related news is that the thread I ordered with a Superior Threads voucher that I won from Kerry at Penny Dog Patchwork has arrived. I wanted to choose something I hadn’t tried before so I chose some Bottom Line, which should mean less bobbin changing and some Vanishing Thread and Vanishing Fabric. I’m really looking forward to experimenting with them!
Janine @ Rainbow Hare