|cat’s for Brittany|
|Brittany’s quilt so far|
My finish this week is this row of cats (above) for Brittany in the Around the Free Two Bee. Brittany’s quilt, as you can see is seriously all about cats and I was a complete loss of what to add. Then I saw this wonderful quilt on Kristy’s blog, Quiet Play. I emailed Kristy and asked her if she would mind me copying her cats (roughly, adjusting the size to fit Brittany’s quilt) and she very kindly said she wouldn’t mind. The cat’s tails hang down and Kristy has tied knots in her cats’ tails, which I love – do go and have a look! – but I decided to leave mine for now to keep flatter for posting and so Brittany can decide what she wants to do with them.
Other news, the lovely Anna from The Crooked Banana has very generously awarded me The Versatile Blogger Award. So thank you, Anna, I feel very honoured to receive this :)
|The Versatile Blogger Award|
It comes with these rules:
– If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
– Thank the person who gave you this award.
– Include a link to their blog.
– Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
– Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
– Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
If you haven’t met Anna, you should definitely pay her blog a visit. It’s fun and interesting and a lovely mix of sewing and anecdotes from her life. If she hadn’t just given this award to me I would certainly be nominating her!
At this point I should nominate 15 bloggers but, since I wrote the first half of this post, I’ve spent two hours trying to help one of my sons fix his car and it’s getting late and I also know that lots of people I would nominate have had this award already so, instead, I’m going to invite anyone who follows my blog to let me know in the comments or by email if you would like this award and I’ll be very pleased to nominate you.
And I’ll move on to the seven random facts:
1. I have a husband, five children, a sheep, a dog, rabbits, chickens and ducks.
2. I love living in the countryside and I am always aiming towards being increasingly self sufficient (sort of like homesteading in a domestic small country type of way!)
3. I have a degree in English and I’m completely in love with books.
4. I used to teach knitting and embroidery to primary school children.
5. Before I started this blog I only intended to make two bed quilts – a red and white bear paw and a blue and white Irish chain. I haven’t made either yet but I’d still like to.
6. I started quilting because I was designing a lot of needle point images and stacking up UFOs and I wanted to find a quicker way of creating textile art.
7. My favourite charities are Amnesty International and Compassion in World Farming
I think that’s random enough to link up with Live a Colorful Life and enough thinking to link up with Rebecca Lynne :)
Happy Randomness and Happy Sewing!
16 thoughts on “my sewing and other animals”
Your sheep is adorable! I just want to HUG her. :D
I had a dog who looked very much like yours. Willie was our blue eyed blond. Sort of sad remembering just what a good dog he was.
Knew it! Just knew you'd be an English girl!! I was an English major in college…but didn't want to get to teaching/professor. Your quilt helper, animals and you are incredible!
I remember Kristy's cats with the knotted tail, and yours are a perfect addition to the quilt!
Live a Colorful Life
I just love it that you linked up to Really Random–fabulous random post! Those cat blocks are really cute. And it was fun learning to know more about you–hope you will link up often.
What fab cats, and. a lovely quilt, was yours a sewing machine! How is it doing?
Nat at Made in Home
Love the cats and the randomness of the post!
Great addition to the Cat Quilt Janine, and how you find the time to make all the wonderful things that you do I shall never know :)
Well I just found you through TGIFF!! Love your cats, and I love that you're in a random linky (must look that up too!).
love the kitties
super cat quilt. I love the twined tails in the middle.
Love the addition to the quilt top!
I love the hanging long tails on the cats, very cute. You are a such versatile and a busy woman, you inspire me all the time. Congratulations on the award, you definitely deserve it! Finally, love the photos!
I really love how many quilters are former English majors! Sounds like you have quite a full house :) its a wonder you get so much done!
It was so nice learning new things about you! I'm glad you appreciated the award :) I had fun picking out some of my favorite blogs for it!
Love your cat quilt.
Oh I'm originally from Hull! My addition is really quite poor compared to yours, hoping no one will notice when it's finished doing the rounds :S