The trouble with quilts is that you can’t eat them…likewise cushions, wall hangings, bags…
So, apart from this bee block for Carla, which I made using Amy at Badskirt’s tutorial, every time I was home during daylight hours last week I ended up harvesting and freezing vegetables, making soups and stewing apples.
This week hasn’t been a lot better on the sewing front but I have a little Friday Finish – a pincushion made from an orphan pinwheel block!
I’ve also made some progress on a very quick project. I started this impulsively to see if my waste-not-want-not butterfly idea would work. The answer was yes and no. It did work but every outside edge of each block was on the bias so I think it’s only really suitable for smaller projects and I’ve had to change the name to ‘really biased butterflies’.