Belle Rose Dresden Quilt

IMG_2821

This post is more a photo finish than a sewing finish but, I do feel that every quilt deserves it’s own blog post! A long time ago I had a small amount of Michael Miller Belle Rose from the French Journal Collection – about a fat quarter, I think. I loved that fabric so much I wanted to use every last inch so I made a Dresden Cushion (blogged here and here).

Son # 1 really liked it so I bought some yardage of the fabric and started making a quilt with the intention of gifting it to him and his fiancee the Christmas before last.

IMG_2822

I basically made the quilt and dresdens separately and I then hand sewed the dresdens onto the quilt. It is a kingsize quilt and, with hindsight, that was a ridiculous way of going about it! I abandoned it for nearly a year and eventually got it finished just in time for last Christmas.

IMG_2821

I added some musical fabric as detail (machine sewn) but as this quilt is so very massive and as the weather was so very dark and gloomy and wet I was never able to take any photos and I never got around around to blogging about it.

IMG_2820

And every time Son # 1 and his finacee visited us or we visited them either it was raining or the quilt was forgotten until last week when, to my surprise, the quilt came home for a few days and they even took it into the garden and took these photos for me. I should probably have ironed it…

IMG_2828

…but I’m very happy it has made it onto my blog at last, wrinkles and all :)

Meanwhile, Fiona has adopted a bear…

IMG_1797

…or perhaps the bear has adopted Fiona…

Happy Sewing!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare

I’m linking this post with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for TGIFF