Today it is my birthday. It is also the day for the April Leap List and, since I’m not able to go out or do anything birthday-ish, what better time than to review the past month!
- Sort out the wedding gift so it’s ready for whenever it’s needed – NO (but I have until August).
- Start my Endeavourers project for May. I have a plan! – YES (but it’s a secret until the reveal on May 1st).
- Sew something, anything to celebrate having the sewing machine back in the Makery – YES (a 3 1/2″ doll).
- Carry on with a pink knitted stole I have started. I don’t particularly like it and I don’t have a plan for it when it’s finished but it’s good to have an ongoing project for odd moments and to to do a little making every day – YES (and also a blue cowl in the same pattern, which doubles as a disguise).
- As and when possible, get started on seed planting etc – YES
I have done more gardening than I can say – mostly hedging, bramble clearing and weeding! It is all looking very green just now and the only things growing in the ground are over-winter broad beans and onions but I think all the work with the box edging and earth-moving for the new green house last year has paid off. It is fairly full with seedlings of Tomato, cucumber, peppers, chillis, aubergines, beans, peas, courgettes, some flowers and early potatoes…
- I am going to carry on blog makeover – SOERT OF (I think this is basically ok now so I’m going to drop it as a formal ‘to do’ and will tinker as and when I feel like it!)
- Get back to blogging at least twice a month – YES
- Get back blog visiting regularly and reply to emails in a timely fashion YES
So now for the MAY LEAP LIST.
For some reason, my mind is a bit blank!
- Plant more seeds
- Put up beansticks
- Make wire covers for cabbages
- Knit something
- Sew Something
I hope you are keeping safe and well and finding time to do whatever you enjoy :
Janine @ Rainbow Hare
7 thoughts on “The Leap List (April/May 2020)”
Happy Birthday! You have some good things lined up. I just finished my challenge quilt last night, just in the nick of time – phew! Now I need to get cracking on the blog hop quilt!
Happy Birthday:) I hope you have a lovely day.
Hope you’ve had a Very Happy Birthday Janine!
Your garden is looking wonderful! Love the boxy hedge!
Happy Birthday, Janine!!!! You’re an April girl like me, except mine was the 3rd. Your backyard looks inviting. Have I missed other Leap Lists? Why do you call it that?
soma @ whimsandfancies.com
A very belated but a very happy birthday to you!! Looks like you had a fabulous April, specially in the garden. My May sounds very much like yours, some garden work and some creative work. Happy Leaping!!
Happy very belated birthday! The doll looks lovely – grandma Alice sends lots of love xxx
Happy Birthday to you. I did smile at you being in disguise. Everybody these days look like bank robbers. =) Your garden is looking beautiful. You certainly have been working like a trooper in it. LOVE your greenhouse. It looks perfect in your garden. I cannot believe your sweet doll is only 3 1/2 inches tall.