A Friday finish! And technically a quilt in that it has three layers – the top, iron on interfacing (which, btw, I don’t recommend and won’t be trying again!) and a back – held together by rows of stitching. I started on these blocks a long time ago when Lucy and I decided to make Bear Paw quilts. And I really planned a whole bed sized quilt in cool colours. But my LQS was, for some reason, unable to ever repeat the white fabric I used so the blocks languished until the other day when Mister RH requested I make a cloth for a certain coffee table.
I probably should have sought out a very thin wadding but, since I was in a hurry (I have to snatch any opportunity I can to sew lately) and it was his birthday on Wednesday, I decided to use the interfacing which I happened to have already. It basically refused to iron on at all during the basting stage but changed it’s mind once everything was sewn together creating wrinkles just at the point when I should have been home safe and dry. Fortunately I manage to wiggle the layers apart and I think it’s turned out ok in the end but it’s not an experiment I’ll be repeating.