In Progress: One quilt. Not much to show yet but this really must be my project of the month…
Finished: One handkerchief, requested at short notice for the wedding of my daughter’s friend. I was given a picture, which was clearly machine embroidered, and the handkerchief…I did attempt to hand embroider straight onto the hanky but it was such a mess I had to unpick :( I eventually resorted to stitching onto even-weave fabric and sewing it onto the hanky. The fabric has 22 threads per inch and the letters are 5 threads at highest by 3 threads at widest. Luckily, I found a cheap magnifying glass on ebay! It is certainly not amazing but it was the best I could do and I hope the bride will like it.
I ran out of this wool felt a long time ago and never managed to find more the same colour so, rather than let it languish for a few more years, I thought perhaps a little anthropomorphia…For a while, I’ve been thinking I really should start using my collection of vintage linens (which I am afraid to cut into even though they are mostly damaged beyond their intended use) so, to kill two birds with one stone, I plunged in and used a tray cloth for her body, upper arms and legs and skirt and a doily for her scarf/shawl.
|the tray cloth|
I tried to use colours that I hope keep with the vintage feel. It’s nice to have an unexpected finish :)
Now I had better get back to that quilt!