Several months ago I posted a wall hanging to Laura. But unfortunately it has yet to reach her. We think it might be lost up a mountain in Austria or has possibly been eaten by a goat or something :o( so I decided to make Laura a jewellery roll (also useful for keeping a variety of other things in) like the ones I made as Christmas gifts. And I though it was going to be my Friday Finish this week.
Here it is.
The inside. I like the way the zip tops fit snug against the binding.
The inside of one of the top pockets.
And the fugly quilt backing showing where I forgot to put in a layer of fabric as the large pocket lining! I only noticed this after I’d sewn on the binding. I don’t think I can bear to take the whole thing apart and to be honest it would probably be quicker to make a new one from scratch. So I’m wondering if I could manage to turn it inside out and hand sew a matching lining in.
What is certain is this is not finished after all.
Luckily I do have another finish.
I made a cushion using my red + block, which I made last year as part of M-R’s Colour my World Challenge at Quilt Matters.