Firstly, I traced the blocks A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K onto baking parchment. I marked the numbered sections and added a 1/4″ seam allowance. Then I cut them out.
Secondly, I transferred the pdf design onto freezer paper, cut out all the numbered shapes and ironed them onto fabric as follows:
Top Background colour = A2,A3,B1,B3,C4,C5,D1,E1,F2,F3,G1,H1
Bottom Background colour = I1,I3,I5,J1,K1
Hat colour = A1,B2
Sleeve colour = E3,G3
Tunic colour = F1
Boots colour = J2,J3,K2,K3
Hair colour = C2,C3,D2,H2
Face colour = C1
Hand colour = E2,G2
Stockings = I2,I4
NEXT TIME I WILL MAKE SURE I HAVE BETTER CONTRAST BETWEEN THE HANDS AND THE BACKGROUND FABRIC AND I’LL USE PRINTS OR DIFFERENT COLOURS SO THE BOOTS DON’T MERGE TOGETHER AND THE SLEEVES STAND OUT FROM THE TUNIC PART OF THE DRESS.
Thirdly, I sewed the numbered pieces onto the parchment blocks in numerical order, removing the freezer paper as I went.
Fourthly, I pressed the blocks and removed the parchment.
Then, I panicked because I was running out of time and I abandoned the paper piecing and sewed the blocks together. Afterwards I realized I had mis-joined the sleeve blocks to the tunic block and that is why my little witches neck is not quite right :(
NEXT TIME I WILL TRACE THE PDF DESIGN ONTO BAKING PARCHMENT AND FOUNDATION PIECE THE LETTERED BLOCKS ONTO IT.
Finally, I sewed one strip of background to top and one strip to the bottom to create a 10″ block.